Monday, July 30, 2012

Need some great writing/publishing advice?

I'm not being compensated in any way, shape, or form, I just simply liked this book so much that I'm dedicating this entire post to it.

Why it would be worth your time? It's written by two successful authors, one a social media guru/author and the author of the bestselling novel Pay it Forward, which was made into a movie starring Helen Hunt. Okay, now who doesn't want advice from them?

Click on the title to go to Amazon to check it out for yourself

How to be a Writer in the E-Age and Keep your E-Sanity

Since reading this book I now have a strategy for my writing career, and clear steps that I plan to take to get there.

The book covers everything you could possibly want to know about writing and publishing. I learned about writing, great starts, blogging and social media strategies, how to view rejections, self publishing, movie rights, and so much more! It is available for a limited time for $2.99, which I promise you will be the best $3 you'll spend if you're a writer. It helped clear so much confusion that I had about the changing world of books.

It also had a shout out to blogger/author Alex J Cavanaugh and used his blog as an example of how to build a platform in your genre. Congrats Alex! Click on his name to link to his amazing sci-fi blog.

Happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! It did?????? Crap, I need to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strategy...and steps to get there. Sounds great! Thanks for word about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wouldn't pass on this recommendation without standing behind it 100%!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this sounds wonderful. Thanks, Rose. And thanks for your visit and comment on my blog today.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by too- and you're my 100th follower. Woo-hoo! Bells and whistles :)

      Delete
  4. I downloaded that a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to look at it. Guess I'm going to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! From where I've gathered you're at in the process, I think you will find it helpful and encouraging.

      Delete
  5. Another one I need to add to my list! Thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elise and Richard- You're welcome! Hope you find it as helpful as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 100th follower!!!

    I downloaded the book, as you know, and started reading then stopped. I do this with all my ebooks because I don't have an e-reader (reading on the computer). Getting an e-reader is on my must-do-right-now list so that I can read all the wonderful books I've downloaded. Thanks for recommending the book again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! and I hear you. I read it on my computer too, and an e-reader is on my wish list for my anniversary.

      Delete
  9. Yes, thank you.... this is fantastic advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great book. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for joining my blog :)

      Delete
  11. Ooo... thanks for this, Rose... this looks fantastic...

    And Alex is such a great example. He's too awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete