Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Endings

So my last post I wrote about the sad story of Cookie.  The old dog whose owner had neglected her and then dumped her off at the shelter without a second glance.  But there is a happy ending here, because after passing by the pathetic looking animal several times, I just had to step in and take her home.  So here she is, sweet, happy, loving little Cookie.
And this is how she passes her days!  Sleeping in comfort in a warm house on a soft bed:)  So all in all, it was the best thing for her to have been left behind, because now she knows what love is.

And this lazy pup is the other dog we rescued, Lilly.  She was 10 months old when we adopted her, and had spent 5 of those months sleeping on a concrete floor at the shelter.  Obviously I think she prefers my bed now.  Lazy bum.  Gotta luv her though!

So these are some of my furry creatures, but don't worry, I'm not over the top.  They eat dog food and I don't own a dog stroller.  Although I know some people are against them being on the furniture, I do allow this abuse.

Anyway, back to writing.  I'm trying to work on my novel a little everyday.  I've really started to pick up steam on it and I just have to keep the momentum going.  I'm also going to submit two more short stories to a contest, but I'm not spending more time on writing other ones for now.  I figured I'll just see where these go and if they get rejected, I'll rework them and resubmit elsewhere.  I LOVE connecting with other writers through blogging.  It's turning into a fantastic experience and I appreciate all the comments and new followers who have joined my blog recently.  I had started blogging last year but I wasn't connecting with the right bloggers and no one was responding, so I gave up for awhile.  Thanks again for being a part of the conversation- writing may be a solitary endeavor, but thanks to the internet, it is not such a lonely place to be anymore!

8 comments:

  1. Cute dogs. The A-Z challenge is a little bit of work, but it's a good way to connect with other bloggers. There's no shame in doing three line posts either, so it doesn't have to take up much time. Also, Insecure Writer's Support Group is a great way to connect with other writers. Good luck on your novel and stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I found the Insecure Writer's Support Group a little too late to join this month, but I'm definitely signing up next month. That's actually where I found your link. I've noticed the A-Z challenge on several blogs, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tips.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh... sweet pics! Thanks for sharing!

    And good with the writing. A little bit every day is all it takes. Phew. That's what I'm doing... small successes... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure, thanks for stopping by. Slow and steady, like the hare and the tortoise right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! I love your new pup! Gorgeous! How can anyone leave an adorable dog like that behind?

    Glad you are writing again! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for coming back and hanging in there with the ups and downs of my blogging. And about Cookie, I know! Can you believe someone would leave her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your puppies' stories with us. We adopted an injured kitten back in the summer. She is a joy. She plays with our dog with no fear. She still has a limp, the vet said she probably always will, but it doesn't slow her down.

    Good luck on your wip....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining my blog! So good to hear the story about your kitten. These sweet animals deserve a chance:)

      Delete