Monday, February 13, 2012
How to Bathe a Cat
1. Start with three people and cat.
2. Pour water over cat with one hand while holding cat with the other.
3. Hold cat with two hands, involving second person to pour water over cat.
4. Call husband to come help.
5. With husband holding cat, rub in cat shampoo.
6. Send 4th person to retrieve cat, console injured husband.
7. Resume rinsing quickly while wiping splashing water from glasses so you can see.
8. Send 3rd person to grab a towel.
9. Wrap up cat, assess bloody injuries on husband, look for bandaids.
I don't think we will attempt that again.
On an extremely happy note, we moved the animals from the sad, dumpy, dirty old shelter into the long awaited opening of the new shelter. There were so many people that volunteered to help we had a caravan of probably 100 cars with a police escort to take them:) It was so wonderful to see how many people care about these animals!
Anyway, on writing and reading. I returned two unfinished books to the library. I used to have a thing that if I started a book, I had to finish it, no matter how much I hated it. But my time is so limited these days, that if it's not catching my interest I just want to look elsewhere. How do you feel about that?