Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In the Mountains of North Carolina

I'll post pictures later, but they really never do the mountains justice.  We traveled four hours today for our annual ski trip to Boone, N.C.  Even with the bare trees the mountains are luring in their beauty.  The rocky creeks running down the valleys, the sunny day with swirling clouds high in the sky, what's not to love!  Every time we come, we talk about how we would love to live here, on some mountainside in a little Victorian cottage that I've dreamed of since high school.

I love this family time with our children.  No house to clean, no driving the kids to and from school, no work (Yeah!)  We can just relax and enjoy!  I'll post an update on the trip on Friday, if I can pull my poor, aching, almost forty year old body upright enough to post a blog;)

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, yes! Pics and stories! Sounds Devine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work for a company based in Charlotte so I've spent a lot of time in North Carolina and it's a lovely state.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am now following yours. Hope you will join us in the A to Z Challenge--it's an incredible blogging experience and not as grueling as some people think it will be.

    By the way, I've been married to my wife for 14 years and she's from Ecuador. I've never been there, but she's been living in the U.S. for twenty some years as does most of her family.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlee Bird- Thanks for joining my blog, and yes! I want to check out the A-Z blogging challenge. I might just do it on this trip because we got rained out today:( Small world too because it was Ecuador that I lived in for three years! It's a beautiful country if you can get past the garbage everywhere.

    Morgan- :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete