Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ski Trip to Boone, NC

My little one waiting for her skis.
Farmer's field on the way up to the ski resort.  It makes me want to run through it,  and lay down in the middle, facing the sky.

A little garden in Blowing Rock- it made me think of the Secret Garden book.

Charming little home decor shops that I look forward to browsing every year.  I that's my handsome hubby taking the picture in the mirror!

Then we eat lunch at this yummy restaurant called Storie Street Grill, where I ate a fried green tomato sandwich on sourdough bread that is an absolute explosion of flavor with every bite.  Yum! Yum!

It wasn't the best year for skiing because it was a little on the warm side, but my five year old did great:)  She's the all guts, no brains skier while my eleven year old is the brains, no guts one.




4 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. I hope to go to North Carolina some day. And I haven't had that particular sandwich, but I love fried tomato in sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My husband is the photographer though. The mountains in the southeast are well worth the visit. They are not as rugged as the Rockies, but beautiful all the same. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great trip. I love that picture of the farmers field. I think I'd want to run up it and stare at the sky too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was inviting, wasn't it? That was really the only good landscape picture though. The trees were bare and the skies gray, no camera could ever do mountains justice.

      Delete